Wale drops " Black is GOLD" video and its GOLD.
In the year of black empowerment, if you weren't inspired by Beyonce's "Lemonade" album or Solange's "A Seat At The Table" album then Wale's single "Black is Gold" will definitely bring the melanin out of you. Wale has always been about empowering black women and this track wasn't any different. Wale's hit focuses on the beautiful aspects of what makes black women so unique and powerful.
He also shouts out some current black queens making waves in TV, Film, Fashion and Music such as Lupita Nyong'o (Oscar winning actress), Duckie Thot (fashion model), Viola Davis (Emmy award winning producer and actress), and Issa Rae (producer, writer, and actress).
You may recognize the instrumental, sampled from D'Angelo's classic hit "Lady" from his 1995 album "Brown Sugar". No word on if this hit will be apart of Wale's newest album that's in the works but lets hope its as powerful as his other albums (More About Nothing mixtape being my personal favorite).
Here's a look at some of Wale's tracks that have inpired me as a black woman:
- Lotus Flower Bomb Ft Miguel - The Feels <3
- Ambitious Girl - Helped me keep my head in the books and off the men during my first year of college.
- Diary - Definitely me in my teenage years, I carried a lot of baggage into new relationships.
- The Breakup Song - I mean, who didn't love this song?
- The Manipulation Pt.2 - This one doesn't have a video but the first 1.45 minutes spoke so many volumes.